Re: brakes

To: sonex188@epictn.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brakes
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:57:09 EDT
Richard,

If the DPO replaced or rebuilt the rear brakes the adjusting screw should
turn somewhat easily to a degree.  On the other end of the adjusting screw is
a cone shaped cam with 4 flats on it that does the adjusting of the brake
bands.  As you adjust the screw in, you should begin to feel intermitant
resistance as the bands come into contact with the high points of the cone
and then less resistance as the bands retreat to the flats on the cone,  The
flats actually keep the adjuster from backing out.  If you don't feel any
resistance, remove the drum and make sure that the mechanism is working
properly.

I adjust my brakes till I feel the wheel binding when revolving it by hand
and then back off one or two flats.

Let us know how you make out.

Gary Bouffard  59 TR3A  TS58399