RE: Am I in Coventry?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Am I in Coventry?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 20:19:36 -0700
> I would like to stop doing my dork impressions driving along pointing one
> way or the other when making turns. Look's like "man who thinks he is too
> cool to use the indicators". ;^)
>
> Using the whole arm seems excessive.

To my way of thinking, there is only one standard hand signal.  Using
anything else would be in the "too cool" category, IMO.

However, given the number of people I see every day who make turns and even
stops with no hint of hand or light signals, making any recognizable signal
at all puts you a cut above most.  Using hand signals says "I know my lights
don't work, but I'm still a safe and courteous driver".  If that's dorky, I
wish we had more dorks on the road !

Randall