Re: triumphowners.com - SITE LAUNCH

To: Glen Johnson <glen@littledevil.com.au>, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: triumphowners.com - SITE LAUNCH
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:28:55 -0400
Cc: info@triumphowners.com
Glen Johnson spammed:

> We would like everyone to go to the site, sign up ( FOR  FREE)
> and upload details and images of their cars.  Please let us
> know what you think of the site.
>
> http://www.triumphowners.com
> <http://www.triumphowners.com/>

This is utterly ridiculous and signifies one of the major problems of the
internet.  What need is there to duplicate the efforts already found on
other websites?  All that results from doing this is a chaotic web of
semi-relevant websites with the information diffused among numerous sites
rather than in one collective place.

For two years this list has had the Triumph List Members Gallery.  This site
lists information on members' cars as well as a short biographical area if a
member chooses to fill it out.  The site works well in its implementation
and design goals.

http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html

Also, with about a year under its belt, is Corey Sherman's excellent TR
Registry website.  Note:  Corey does not overlap other Triumph registry
sites like the Spitfire Registry run by Joe Curry.  Instead, Corey provides
links to other registries so that people can easily locate the appropriate
registry for their model.

http://www.trregistry.com

So if your intention, Glen, was to make the internet even more cluttered and
useless, you have succeeded.  I urge the list members of both the 6-Pack and
Triumph lists to use the two established websites I mention above to create
an even more thorough online database of our vehicles.  By contributing your
information to the TR Registry and the TR List site, you are helping to
cultivate two, already very useful, websites.

Kai