RE: New owner - first TR3 questions

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: New owner - first TR3 questions
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:09:11 -0700
>Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:51:48 -0800
>From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
>Subject: RE: New owner - first TR3 questions
>

>Welcome to the club, Ken !
>
>The other thing that is helpful is a wiring diagram that matches your car,
>as you'll find most of them don't match very well.  I understand Dan Masters
>will be moving ahead with his TR2-4 electrical book in the coming months, I
>would definitely recommend one of these when they are available.  Until
>then, try to find a driver's manual (Practical Hints for the Maintenance of
>the Triumph TR3) that matches your car.  If your car is post-60K, I think
>the 5th edition is the one you want.  Not certain about that, tho, so check
>before laying out any money.  Be warned, I'm looking for a 5th ed too, and
>I'm a vicious eBay bidder <g>
>
>Randall
>59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO (sidelined for OD gearbox install)
>63 Sports 6 rustoration project HB7826LCV
>71 Stag daily driver Real Soon Now LE1473L

I bought the sixth edition of Practical Hints for the Maintenance of the
Triumph TR3 from TRF 2 years ago it's the correct edition for my car
TS70001L it shows the dash light dimmer switch and all the other changes
on the later cars I also bought the service school data book from TRF it
has revisions that where never put in the shop manuals.
I personally find the factory parts book very useful as it has large
exploded diagrams of every part on the TR3 regrettably mine is the
fourth edition 1958 so it covers TR2-3a <TS60000. I bought my parts
manual from this shop in Vancouver they had 2 entire floor to ceiling
book shelves of Triumph manuals. I paid $75.00CAD for my parts book.
Inside the book is perfect no grease or dirt the outer cover is somewhat
dirty, they had one NOS book for allot more money but it covered  only
TR2-3 all total I think I picked mine out of 4 or 5 copies they had on
the self. Here is their URL.
http://www.eautomobilia.com/storepage

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A