Re: Trial Balloon: TRF / VTR 2003

To: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Trial Balloon: TRF / VTR 2003
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:25:47 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
"Robert M. Lang" wrote:

> This might be "out there", but I've never been too shy to toss out an off
> the wall idea.
>
> On one of the other lists, someone mentioned a new facility in Western PA
> alled Beaver Run that is somewhat near to TRF... see www. beaverun.com for
>info
> on the facility. It's a new race track / motoring facility.

The Sunday NYT magazine from a week or two ago included an article on what it
described as 'country club race tracks' including Beaver Run. These tracks are
generally membership tracks which make ends meet by renting out to car clubs and
other sponsored events. Sound like a blast, hope a few of them make enough money
to stick around for a while in case I somehow, someday have a lot of extra money
to use up with an old race car. I'll try to dig up the article though the
recycling truck came Wednesday -- depends on whether I remembered to take out
the
newspapers. NFI, except for the trash bill.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO