Re: TR4A Front Fender Fit

To: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A Front Fender Fit
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:37:08 -0800 (PST)
--- Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net> wrote:
> Hello List,
> I just did a trial fit of my passenger side fender and found a disturbing
> gap at the front of the fender. The best way to explain it is to show you a
> picture of it. If you go to my web page listed below and go the the paint
> page you will see the gap in the last picture. The gap is probably about an
> inch! Is this covered by the grill? My grill is in a storage area and not
> convenient to get right now. I can't believe there would normally be such a
> large gap between the valence and the fender...
> Thanks,
> Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, This area is covered by the grill.  However, you are missing a filler
panel that bolts into the open area.  Don't feel bad though, I'm missing the
same pieces on my TR4A.  The big three all offer this filler panel, but I
haven't checked to see if anyone has them in stock yet.  If you were to use the
fiberglass wheelwell finishers ofered by parts suppliers you probably could
leave these pieces off from a functionality viewpoint.

Take care,

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS, O/D, SAH Tuned "Chance"