ZS Carb Bypass Valve Adjustment teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA6Cjk6D020174

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: ZS Carb Bypass Valve Adjustment teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA6Cjk6D020174
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 07:43:21 -0500
I spent some time monkeying around with the bypass valves on my ZS carbs
yesterday. I have been having problems with RPM falling below idle than rising
back to idle as I come to a stop. I noticed a note in Jay Welch's technical
reference (Thanks very much for this Jay). Adjusting the valves pretty much
eliminated this nagging problem. Others have told me that's just how they
are.

I also took a look at the breather setup which had been causing uneven idle
problems until I capped the fittings on the carbs. I do not have the adaptors
from the carb fitting to the rubber emission hoses. I am guessing that these
have calibrated orifices and without them I may be breathing too much when
vacuum is high. Moss shows them as N/A. Does anybody have a couple of these in
their parts box they'd be willing to sell me? If not, could somebody get
dimensions? OD, ID, orifice size?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader
72 TR6