RE: TR6: Half Shafts

To: "M. Secrest" <vze34wdb@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[CE1D7AC0:01C286BB] teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA80HG6D007534
Subject: RE: TR6: Half Shafts
From: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:14:28 -0600
Martin,

I doesn't hurt to separate them as they are keyed (splines) and only go
back together one way.

I would take this opportunity to separate, inspect and grease them.  Be
sure to replace the rubber boot.

Bill
74 TR6
Atlanta

Subject: TR6: Half Shafts

Yo:

Just got my TR6 half-shafts back from the shop that replaced the
u-joints.

Upon taking the shafts to them, I dutifully bound them with safety wire,
telling them not to split the shafts, but upon getting the shafts back,
I see that one of them has the safety wire removed, raising the
possibility it was split, though it is not now.

My manual doesn't explain why a shaft shouldn't be separated -- if it
was, would I know?   Would I care?

--
Martin Secrest
72 TR6