Rant (non LBC)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rant (non LBC)
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:31:09 -0000
It's high time www.PayPal.com or whatever it calls itself, woke up and
realised there is a world outside North America. For the last week I have
tried to sign up with them to facilitate arrangements whereby book buyers
can pay me on-line and not have to worry about exchange rates, checks, cash,
glass beads or Polish Zlotys. I've lost count of the number of times I've
submitted an application and password of "at least eight digits" only to
receive an on-screen message that my attempt has failed. I then resorted to
the invocation to write a message soliciting help with the promise it would
be speedily acknowledged. Forty eight hours later I received this reply:

Dear John,
Thank you for contacting PayPal.  We apologize for the delay in responding
to your service request.
If your inquiry has not been resolved or you still have further questions
regarding your initial contact please call:  402-935-2107.
Thank you for choosing PayPal!
Please do not reply to this e-mail.  Mail sent to this address will not be
answered.
Oh, yeah? A transatlantic call to my cost at peak rates? Ah, well - if it
keeps the customer happy, should I defer? I dialled the number and presetly
heard a sugar sweet voice with the usual sickening "Thank you for your call,
it is important to us" etc etc.  I then received an aural A La Carte menu
that would have done justice to the First Class Restaurant on the Titanic.
Having made my choices, I waited for someone to confirm my call really was
as important as I had been told. The voice came back along the lines of
"We're very sorry but all our associates are tied up right now. You can hold
or maybe you'd like to call later?"
NO! I wanted a simple answer to a simple enquiry - not a *****y phone number
5000 miles away! We're almost reverting to Plan 1 - but not before I copy
and paste this post on PayPal's Help file to see what happens. I suspect
nothing - apart from