Re: Rant (non LBC)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rant (non LBC)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 08:10:08 +0000
On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, at around 16:31:09 local time, jonmac
<jonmac@ndirect.co.uk> wrote:
>It's high time www.PayPal.com or whatever it calls itself, woke up and
>realised there is a world outside North America.

Dear Jon,

You are not alone.   PayPal has, as far as I can see, no customer
service or helpdesk staff whatsoever.   I strongly suspect that the
whole thing is automated.   When I wanted an answer to a question, and
got an e-mail telling me to make a transatlantic call, I replied (by
e-mail) telling them either to answer my question by e-mail, or to call
me themselves.   Needless to say I got nowhere.

PayPal has recently been bought out by eBay.   eBay *used* to have quite
good problem-handling people, and a nice easy way of contacting them
(send an e-mail).   Now you have to go through umpteen thousand menu
options on their website and submit an on-line form. :-(   Still, you do
eventually get a reply.   Might be worth a go.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671