Re: paint question

To: jlumia@ball.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: paint question
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:09:48 -0500
John,
        Use black on the washer bottle bracket, and silver on the overflow
bottle
bracket and the run-on valve bracket.
        The finishes on mine were also quite deteriorated - I'm fairly sure it
was
originally paint, not plate.  I just used the same silver as on the valve cover
and air
cleaner shroud (Duplicolor Truck and Van T 229). They look fine.
        The washer bottle bracket in my car was black - but beyond repair
because
the foam pad was rotting away and the rubber band thingy was dried up.  The new
one I puchased from TRF was also painted black.

                Regards,
                        Rick  1973  TR6   CF2570U

>Does anyone know the original color of the washer bottle bracket, >overflow
>bottle
bracket, and run on valve bracket on later 6's.  >Were they painted black or
shiny
metal (plated?)? If the latter, will >wirewheel brushing affect any plating?
They've
gotten a little rusty >and I would like to restore them.