Re: SOT: LBC content; no Triumphs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SOT: LBC content; no Triumphs
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:10:39 +0000
On Sun, 10 Nov 2002, at around 20:32:10 local time, Jon & Susan
<jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net> wrote:
>While at the store the other day, I came across something I just had to buy
>and try; no it wasn't a new tool for the Triumph, it was something better
>and it had to be consumed: A British Beer!!!
>
>And here is the interesting part straight from the side of the can:
>
>'Named after an unusual speckled vintage MG car, "Old Speckled Hen" is a
>finely balanced, smooth pale ale with a subtle blend of flavours. It owes
>its distinctive character to a unique strain of yeast first used in 1896,
>and reflects brewing skills developed across more than 280 years of
>independent brewing history.'
>
>The logo is the red/maroon octagon with the words "Morland 'Old Speckled
>Hen' Fine English Pub Ale."
>
>Has anyone else tried this beer? What about on the other side of the pond,
>what type of reputation does this ale have in England?

Very good.   Pale ales are not normally my thing, but I've sunk a few
gallons of this stuff over the years.   If you want to drink British
beer whilst working on your Triumph, (and I urge all red-blooded
Americans to cast off the shackles of Budweiser, Miller, Coors and other
such brewers of mass-market fizzy, watery, gnat's p***, and do so), you
really ought to be drinking Spitfire Ale though - or, a new arrival on
the bottled real ale scene, Old Engine Oil.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671