Re: LBC content; no Triumphs

To: "Jon & Susan" <jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC content; no Triumphs
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:55:17 -0000 gABAws96009329
From: Jon & Susan <jsmessier@mail.earthlink.net>

> Has anyone else tried this beer? What about on the other side of the pond,
> what type of reputation does this ale have in England?
>
> I am sure not everyone will be amused with the "MG" reference on the
> Triumph list, therefore you can respond directly to me.

Old Speckled Hen is very well thought of in the UK - I don't drink much
nowadays but when I was younger and wilder it was a great favourite of mine.
There's also a brew called Spitfire by Shepeard Neams brewery which is highly
though of, though it's never been to my own taste. Unfortunately, Spitfire is
named after the aeroplane rather than the car, so it's more a case of common
ancestry than direct descendence :-)
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--