Re: LBC content; no Triumphs

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: LBC content; no Triumphs
From: "ian.viles" <ian.viles@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:35:05 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>

> They had it on draught at our local pub for a while. Somehow it always
> seems better when someone pulls it from a keg.
> Now I think we need one named after a Triumph - hmm... Old Rusty Bucket?

>From the Old Speckled Hen website:
"Old Speckled Hen was first brewed in Abingdon, Oxfordshire to commemorate
the 50th anniversary of the MG car factory. But why "Old Speckled Hen"?
Well, the name is actually derived from the name "owld speckled 'un", a term
used to describe an old MG car used as a factory run-around. Over time, this
unusual, canvas-covered saloon became covered with flecks of paint and was
dubbed the "owld speckled 'un" by locals."

An alternative for Triumph fans could be the bottle-conditioned beer called
'Spitfire' brewed by Britain's oldest brewery, Shepherd Neame (founded
1698), in East Kent. Or perhaps 'Old Smoky' brewed by Bunce's in the West
Country!

Cheers!
Ian Viles (Derbyshire)
73 TR6