TR Heart Transplants, Lucas and Perpetual Motion

Subject: TR Heart Transplants, Lucas and Perpetual Motion
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:59:34 -0500
In my never-ending search for ways to irritate the list by bringing non LBC
topics, I bring the following concept:

The recent discussions of what sort of motor to use to replace the original
Iron Lung of the TR6 intrigued me. I began to search. Gas engines, turbines,
solar power, pedal power, across the net and back again I looked at it all.
Finally after weeks of malingering, days of slumber and hours of
inattention, I have an answer. And in keeping with my habit of working on
off the wall projects and using new technologies, I have a completely
different proposition:

Instead of a fuel-burning engine let us load up the TR with a perpetual
motion engine!

Laugh not oh disbelievers, the true path to being Green and LBC is here. The
Adams perpetual-motion machine will do it all. Cheap power based on
permanent magnets, never needs a refill and it doesn't help the nasty oil
companies. Even charges your batteries as you drive. (Not sure why you need
a battery if the motor is perpetual, but I digress...) But best of all it
has been verified by Lucas Electrics! Now you know it will work. We can even
use it to power our hideous Lucas wiring! What bliss!

Here is the path:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/1287/adams/adamsall.htm

Soon I will begin plans for construction. Just imagine it, a TR silently
rolling down the street, never needing a recharge and friendly to the
planet. The only drawback is the thought of the mob of torch-bearing
pedestrians following, angered as the machine shorts out their cell phones
and sucks the coins from their pockets and the fillings from their teeth.
Isn't science wonderful? ;^)

Mark Hooper
TR6 (with an engine that has been anything but perpetual over its life)

P.S. Of course I am not so sure a silent TR engine is a good idea. My TR6
would sound like a bag of castanets if the exhaust noise didn't cover the
rattling. ;^)