TR-6 Differential

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Differential
From: MD.FEED@nwh.org
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:27:11 -0400
      I'm heavily into the differential rebuild for the winter. My focus is
getting the
correct pinion gear depth. The official Bentley manual, page 346  mentions the
dummy pinion
Churchill Tool M84B-1, which I assume is the factory standard for getting the
pinion gear
depth close enough for the proper pinion/ring contact tooth pattern. Does
anyone know what
dimensions this dummy pinion has? Obviously, the shim you choose to put under
the inner or
head pinion bearing is what this tool can measure. Otherwise its trial and
error and going
by contact patterns.
                               Thank-you
                               Dennis (Massachusetts)