Re: Sound Deadening - What works? What Doesn't?

To: john & patricia donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>, "Triumphs Email List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sound Deadening - What works? What Doesn't?
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:26:59 +1100
John

The reason I asked about insulating materials for the transmission
tunnel is that I am currently replacing the carpet.  In other areas
(ie floor) I have used a sound insulating underfelt, which consists
of a layer of bitumen covered on both sides by a loose cotton wadding.

It is about the same thickness as the original underfelt but will not
work over the top of the transmission tunnel where there was no
underfelt originally and consequently insufficient room under the
dash support bracket.  It would also be unsuitable for use on the
underside of the transmission cover.

Trevor Jordan
CF29281U