Re: TR4 speedo: de-jumpification

Subject: Re: TR4 speedo: de-jumpification
From: "Garth Newton" <garth@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:27:16 +1100
Steve:

I had a similar problem with my Dolly Sprint when I bought it.
After playing around for a bit I realised that by manoeuvring
the speedo end of the cable around behind the speedo to fit it
in I was pulling the gearbox end of the inner cable out of the
gearbox. It seems that if the gearbox end of the cable is not
fully in the drive, the speedo tends to jump.

It also check the metal flange on the outside of the outer cable
at the gearbox end, these can come loose from the cable hence the
outer & inner cable works its way away from the gear box leading
to the situation above.

Hope that is of some help,

PS - "I'm sure completely unscrewing the cable would eliminate
any high reading too" - honestly officer, that's why I was
speeding... : )

Cheers,

Garth Newton
Developer, TriumphOwners.com