Re: TR4 speedo: de-jumpification

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 speedo: de-jumpification
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:02:40 -0700 FILETIME=[385F2710:01C28A97]
>As I slowly unscrewed the speedo cable, it slowly
>reduced it's jumping. I stopped unscrewing when it
>stopped jumping -- though it still reads 10% high.

As an alternative to shortening your cable you might try fitting a washer in
there... something that clears the cable but fits into the screw cap.  I did
this on my '3 which like yours just required loosening the cable a bit to
eliminate the jump.  The washer lets the cable be affixed tightly so you
don't have to drive around with a loose cable (I once had one come loose
while driving and attack my hairly leg -- ouch!).

I assume you know the 10% high reading is an unrelated problem with it's own
(simple) solution.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4