Re: The "priceless" ebay speedometer

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The "priceless" ebay speedometer
From: "jay snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:39:16 -0500
It was my understanding that the speedometer has nothing to do with the
transmission being OD or not. I think the speedo gear is driven off the
trans output shaft, at least with the J type OD.  The OD is just like
another gear.  I did not change my speedometer when I put in the OD and it
works fine.  If the rear end gearing is changed, that is another story.

Jay Snavely
1974 TR6
1980 TR8