Re: More TR3 stuff going on....

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More TR3 stuff going on....
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 00:10:24 -0600
At 18:03 -0500 02-11-12, Ron Easterly wrote:
>Hello List,
>        Well, all went well on the Head gasket replacement and no more oil
>leaking int the antifreeze...
>Now I have another problem...Battery isn't charging.......what can I do to
>check (without special equiptment) to find out what's going on?.......Possibly
>the generator or voltage regulator I figure...Is there a simple test?
>        And....the other problem is when I first depress the clutch, it goes
>down fine, then there's nothing...
>it feels as if it wasn't even connected...The resevoier is full and I see no
>leaks...
>Any suggestions ?         Thanks Ron.....'59 TR3A

Ron -

On the clutch issue: Are you saying that saying the first time you
push the clutch pedal in, the pedal moves with about the resistance
you would expect, and the clutch does disengage?  Then the next time
you push the pedal down there's no resistance?  Does the the clutch
re-engage at all in between?

I wonder if you might have a bad clutch hose, or a pinched steel
hydraulic line.  A rubber hose can rot and swell internally, meaning
that the fluid releases very slowly from the slave cylinder after the
pedal is pushed down.  A pinched line can have a similar effect.

HTH,
Dan
--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L 'O' - the body that was halved is now whole again!
New floors, new body rails, and solid patches where once there was
solid rust.
Thanks, Chuck!

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U 'O' - in storage.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!