Re: front disk break 'rain shields'

To: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: front disk break 'rain shields'
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:04:03 -0000 gADH87wG017582
From: ptegler@cablespeed <ptegler@cablespeed.com>

> OK... Rimmer's catalog show both the Spit and
> the GT6 as having these little rings around the inner
> wheel bearings on the front suspension. They mount on
> the uprights to keep water away from the bearings
> and felt seals.  Both catalogs list the same part number
> for both vehicles.  My Spit has them, and they simply press
> fit on the upright.   But on the GT6..what do they press fit
> onto/in to?  Mine have at least 1/32" free space all the
> way around and nothing is tight..or even close.
> Am I missing something here?

I guess you mean part number 138559. This part is shown in the factory parts
list but was not actually correct for any of the Vitesse & GT6 family - it will
only fit to the Spitfire/Herald disk brake vertical links, part numbers
306603/4. The workshop manual shows the correct layout in this area.
I am surprised to find that some suppliers aren't aware of this.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics