TR6 bonnet hinge bolts

To: "Triumph List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 bonnet hinge bolts
From: "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:46:25 -0500
Hey everyone,

The carcass of my TR6 is at the bodyshop getting a new front clip grafted
on.  Soon, the bonnet will have to be test fit.  I had to cut the bonnet
hinge bolts to get the crumpled one off the car two years ago so they are
long since gone in the trash.

According to Nelson's(?) terrific spreadsheet, I need 2 - 5/16"x1/2", 6 -
5/16"x7/8", 2 - 5/16"x1", and 2 - 5/16"x1 1/2" UNF bolts.  Can anyone
describe where the various lengths actually go?  There are 2 at the hinge to
headlight cup connection, 6 at the hinge to bonnet underside connection, and
2 more at the hinge to bonnet side connection. That's two less than called
for on the spread sheet.

Rob in Ottawa
74.5 TR6  CF28217UO  (undergoing face lift and cancer removal)