Its getting cold: Heater operation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Its getting cold: Heater operation
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:51:14 -0800 (PST)
Its getting cold out there these mornings.
And in evenings too by the time I get out of work.

I was monkeying with the heater in the old TR-4 . . . trying to get some more
heat out of it and closed the fresh air flap / scoop / trap door / scuttle ..
whatever you want to call it . . . .

Then I opened the dash vents.

Felt like there was still hot air blowing out the bottom of the heater.

So is that the "recirculating mode" rather than "fresh air" mode?

I realize I wouldn't get the ram air effect this way . .but then again when it
gets to be REALLY cold out . . .I'd rather be heating 50 degree air from inside
the car than sucking in 20 degree air to heat from in front of the windshield.

I didn't remember my TR 6 working like that.
If you closed the exterior air scoop .. you didn't get any air flow.

Any comments?

Scott Tilton
1963 TR 4 everyday
In Leeeeeesbbburrrrrrg, VA