Re: Kent Cams

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kent Cams
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:05:31 -0500
I'll second Marc's praise for Kent Cams' willingness to please.  My
GT6's PO claimed he put in a Kent "fast road" Cam years ago, that he'd
bought from Vicky Brit.  Unfortunately he didn't save the paperwork, so
when it came time to set the valve clearances, I had no idea what to
shoot for.

And wouldn't you know, V.B. no longer offered the cam for the GT6.  And
for once, the list was of no help either.

With nowhere else to turn, I emailed Kent in the UK, mentioning that
Long Motors Corp (VB's parent) once stocked their stuff, and would they
happen to know which model they sold through VB, years ago?

A week or so later, I got an answer!  (It was the TH2 model, and the
clearances should be .012" and .014", intake and exhaust.)

--
Douglas Frank  DigitalWhoopsCompaqImeanHP Co.
ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,