Re: dashtops

To: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: dashtops
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:11:21 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Paul,

When I recently put a dash cover on my Spitfire, I had the same problem.
 A few people on the list on the list said that theirs fit fine - but
that they had purchased them a few years ago.

I know that Vicky B used to sell CoverLay brand and that the ones of
those that I saw fit fine.  They now sell another brand - something like
DashTop that doesn't go all the way to the window.  I don't know if a
CoverLay brand would still fit correctly.

Well I found that out after I had it glued down as I had the dash top
out of the car and holding the cover, by itself, in the car it great.  I
ended up gluing heavy vinyl on top of the dash cover and wrapping it
around the edge a little.  It came out pretty good. There are a couple
places I don't like, but I don't think anyone else will notice.  While
covering a new dash cover may seem stupid it seemed easier than trying
to rip it off the dash top and trying to make a smooth surface of the
foam that was on it.

Roger Elliott