dashtops

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: dashtops
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:22:01 -0500
Well I now have an original dash top (from a fellow lister)
to fill in under the hard plastic dashtop cover I already had.

BUT....

Does anyone know who is selling the hard plastic dashtop cover
overlays  that... actually 'fit' right?  I've had
three hard overlays...none of which fit! None seem to reach
all the way to the front (cover all the way up to the windshield)
or at least line up with the defroster vents.

Does anyone know if anyone still sells full padded dashtops?
Rimmers price listing suggests it's only an overlay.
Who else might actually have a full padded dashtop?

My only other option (already started this evening)  is filling in the
cracks on the one I got from Sam G.. sanding it, covering it with a
layer of car headliner foam, and then recovering it with heavy vinyl.
I don't want to go through all that if possible. I have enough other
work to do to finish Big Red.

tia

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com