Best TR 'heater pipe' vendors?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Best TR 'heater pipe' vendors?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:47:43 EST
Hi Listers,
Can anyone recommend a vendor for a quality 'heater feed pipe' for TR4 and
4As?
It's the 1/2" x 2' steel pipe that goes from water pump, along cylinder head,
around corner, and terminates/mounts at last manifold stud (then rubber hose
picks up to connect to firewall and heater core).
I have my original (in pieces), I have an intact used one (with pin holes,
rust, and twist fracturing), and I returned the brand new Moss one (not a
correct bend in it - and bracket is incorrectly positioned, but nice paint
job!).
Do other vendors use the same manufacturer?
I am told soft copper tubing would work - it could handle the two 'slight
bends' near the distributor and a soldered 90 degree 'large diameter elbow'
for going around the cylinder head's corner - but unfortunatley copper (or
even brass) is rather fragile in such a vibrationary environment.
Anybody have a NOS spare!?!
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74