Re: Pulley

To: <Shrack04@aol.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pulley
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:27:31 -0500
Cc: <wallaces@superaje.com>
I also purchased this pulley from these folks for my TR4A conversion. It works
just fine, accepts the wide belt and I was able to use the same belt as I used
for the generator. Great addition for anyone who wants greater reliability
from their electrical system. I would express the same caution that others
have written. If you are going to fully use the output power of the alternator
for add on electrical devices such as fog lights, stereos or whatever floats
your boat, be certain to run a separate circuit for these items using new
wiring, fuses or breakers, and do not power them from any connection that
would pull its current via the cars existing circuits. Our wiring is old and
not sized for the combination of these new devices as well as the cars
existing components. Wires will melt their insulation, short out to ground and
can cause a fire. If you don't feel comfortable with a conversion, write to
the list and there will be more than ample assistance provided to help you
along.
Jerry Van Vlack