Re: CA to PA Trailering

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, ccgunn1010@hotmail.com ("David Gunn"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CA to PA Trailering
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:42:26 -0500
At 11:30 AM 11/26/2002, ZoboHerald@aol.com wrote:
>I rather doubt a CRV is up to that kind of strain, especially over such a
>great distance. Even if you make it there and back, chances are you won't
>like the price of repairs you'll make on the CRV once you get back.

Hi David...

A couple of thoughts.  There was a fellow last year at the VTR in Red Wing
from California that won the award for farthest distance driven. I would
bet he's going to go to the event in PA... I seem to recall he'd gone to
almost every VTR or something like that.  Other listers who were there
probably know who I am talking about.  He came with quite a Calif
contingent as I remember.  Most drove their cars.  They might be good to
hook up with for a caravan whether or not you trailer the car.

As for the tow vehicle, I wouldn't try it.  A persistent memory I have is
of my dad, years ago, trying to explain why the trans failed on an old
Buick we had while pulling a camping trailer in the Smokey Mountains to my
mother.  She wasn't having any of it, if you know what I mean.  She said
something like, "and you didn't know this before we left???!!!!"

Any possibility you could rent a larger vehicle for the couple of weeks
you'd need it?  Might be a good alternative, and probably cheaper than the
CRV repairs as Andy noted.  Good luck, hope to see you there!

All the best,
Blake Discher, Detroit

----
1968 2000 Saloon, 1971 Stag, 1976 TR6, 1980 TR7 Spider
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph