Re: TR6 body mounting shims/pads

To: "Rob Christopher" <robc@cisco.com>, "Triumph List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 body mounting shims/pads
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:31:25 -0700
    i wouldn't get too worried about the gaps until you get
at least a shim/pad under each mounting hole, then you can
start making adjustments. if i remember correctly, there is a
pretty large gap between the front fenders and the corresponding
frame. without pads at all the mounting holes, you could have
significant alignment issues all around.
    i also wouldn't let the body "stress" like you're describing
without some attempt to shore it into the correct geometry with
whatever you have available 'til your parts arrive. letting the
tub hang un-supported ain't gonna do it any good.
    my 2 cents.....
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (kinda finished)
Denver, Co