Re: [triumph_herald] Otis the Herald on the Web

To: Herald948@aol.com
Subject: Re: [triumph_herald] Otis the Herald on the Web
From: "Javier Vidaurre Ch." <vidaurre@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:38:42 -0800 (PST)
Cc: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>, Herald Triumph <triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com>, Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello Andy,

Good to hear from you again.  You wrote:

"Now am I correct in assuming that I do NOT yet have
"the numbers" on this car for my database? :-)"

If not here they are.

OTIS: 1968 Triumph Herald 1200 Saloon
Engine N0 9GB55608LDL
Comm. N0  CD101230HE

As an interesting side note Otis has an HE engine,
high compression.  Winston on the other hand has an LE
engine, low compression.

WINSTON: 1970 Triumph Herald 13/60
Engine N0 GE59384LE
Comm. N0 9GE53565LDL

Why?  In 1968 there was a military coup here in Peru.
At that time they began restricting everything.
Gasoline was rationed (odd-even days) and the octane
was lowered so Winston got a low compression engine.

Thought that might be of interest.

Cheers, Javier