Re: it's here !!! (TR7 info)

To: lstein6@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: it's here !!! (TR7 info)
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:35:14 EST
Cc: McGaheyRx@aol.com
In a message dated 11/28/2002 1:52:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
McGaheyRx@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 11/28/02 10:59:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> Bristol7@aol.com writes:
>

> > Officially, you are now a
> > Wedgehead. You might want to start by subscribing to the
> > TR7/8 List. This list is not part of the Autox.net group run by
> > Mark B.  I believe you can find the subscription instructions at
> > the VTR site.
>
> dittos for everything Kirk said.
>
> After 25+ plus years of 6-cylinder Triumph ownership, i became a
> wedgehead a few months ago when a TR8 found me.
> I can confirm the wedge list is populated by an incredibly helpful
> group of folks and that list has a higher signal to noise ratio than
> any of the other automotive e-mail lists i have ever subscribed to.
> If you're looking at a Rover V-8 conversion, i would suggest you get
> a Rimmer Bros TR7/8 catalog - these conversions are infinitely more
> popular on the Brit side of the pond (since we got nearly all the TR8s
> over here) and there's a lot of stuff available.
>
> Cheers
> Jack Mc

 In addition to Jack's comments on Conversion suppliers, there are a
 number of  U.S. based (I am presuming you are located in the USA).
 A couple good ones are TSI Automotive located in Ohio and Woody's
 Wedge Shop located in Massachusetts. Both entities are run by very
 knowledgeable and friendly people. I believe TSI has a website,
 although I understand Woody may not. Regardless, you can find
 their individual telephone numbers on the Monster Vendor List.

 Lastly, if you haven't already, you may want to invest in a factory
 TR7 ROM. You will most likely find it helpful before and after making
 your conversion, and it is absolutely indispensable while maintaining
 the car in its present state.

 Larry, Good Luck.

 Kirk Yonker
 81 TR8 fi dhc