Re: The "New" AVANTI - no LBC

To: mike@gsta.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The "New" AVANTI - no LBC
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:47:05 EST
In a message dated 11/29/2002 6:32:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, mike@gsta.net
writes:

> I was being dragged around a mall today by my new wife when smack in the
> middle of it I ran into an interesting looking yellow ragtop. Upon closer
> inspection it turned out to be a new Avanti. Shared nothing with the
> original Raymond Loewy designed Studebaker milestone except the familiar
> grill-less front end and a rear end shape that was similar. Frame,
> suspension, engine etc... is all GM. Basically it's a specialty bodied
> Corvette with a Vortech 5.7 liter V8 and a price tag of.... are you ready
> for this ? .... $83,000 !!!! Un-freakin'-believable! The coupe version is
> $10,000 less for you frugal types ;-)

Way cool! Check out <http://avantimotors.com/default.htm>; any web site that
opens to Jimi Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" is ok by me. And I rather
like the updated design -- a reasonably good job of updating those classic
styling cues on what certainly is a much wider chassis than the original.

Now about the 2004 Herald.... :-)

--Andy Mace