The "New" AVANTI - no LBC

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The "New" AVANTI - no LBC
From: "M Brooks" <mike@gsta.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 18:15:41 -0500
Hi folks,

I was being dragged around a mall today by my new wife when smack in the
middle of it I ran into an interesting looking yellow ragtop. Upon closer
inspection it turned out to be a new Avanti. Shared nothing with the
original Raymond Loewy designed Studebaker milestone except the familiar
grill-less front end and a rear end shape that was similar. Frame,
suspension, engine etc... is all GM. Basically it's a specialty bodied
Corvette with a Vortech 5.7 liter V8 and a price tag of.... are you ready
for this ? .... $83,000 !!!! Un-freakin'-believable! The coupe version is
$10,000 less for you frugal types ;-)

~Mike Brooks