TR3 Cams & Lifters

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Cams & Lifters
From: bbrewer@qnet.com -bs
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 03:39:36 GMT
     In preps for a TR3 engine teardown, I am full of questions.
     There was a flurry of postings about the low quality of lifters being
offered by the big 3. I recently observed a teardown on a TR6 engine
with "chilled iron" lifters from BFE. The lifters didn't have that many miles
on it and they were shot, pitted and tearing up the cam. What are the lifters
of choice out there? BPNW maybe?
     Also, a friend recently procured a new Kent cam with a matching set of
lifters from Minimania for his MG Midget. I have been checking around, but no
Kent cams for TR3's. Does anyone carry new Kent cams and matching lifter sets
in the US? The new Midget set was lovely and not that expensive.

     Bill Brewer
     Thanksgiving in Corte Madera (cut wood in Spanish), Marin County, CA