Re: Circle-X on a schematic

To: Jadewey211@cs.com, hfader@usa.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Circle-X on a schematic
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 19:09:42 -0500
At 06:47 PM 11/30/2002, Jadewey211@cs.com wrote:
>Don't overlook the bulb sockets as a possible culprit. They were
>the problem with my reverse lamps. Hope this helps.

Hugh... What Jeff says is exactly what happened to me.  I had a problem
with a turn indicator lamp.  Spent a good amount of time tracing wires,
looking at the diagram in Bentley, unwrapping part of the harness.  The
problem was the socket.  Picked up six from TRF and replaced all of
them.  A poorly designed socket at best.

Check out Nelson Riedle's very helpful sermon at:
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Electrical/TR6Sockets/TR6Sockets.htm

He talks about the sockets and repairing them.  I found it after I ordered
mine, but I might have at least tried his repair.

Best,
Blake

----
1968 2000 Saloon, 1971 Stag, 1976 TR6, 1980 TR7 Spider
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph