Circle-X on a schematic

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Circle-X on a schematic
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:17:34 -0500
My project today was to get my TR6 reverse lamps working. As happens every
time I get involved with the electrics, I found a bunch of jerry-rigged
wiring left by one of the DPOs. I also found the switch was bad, so I'll be
ordering a replacement.

I went on to test the lights by shorting the leads to the switch together.
My test light shows voltage up to the bullet connector union just outside of
the gearbox cover. No voltage back at the lamps however. So, I've got a
problem.

On the car, it looks like the green/brown wire goes into the harness and
comes back out the other end with no further connections. On the Bentley TR6
schematic, there is a rectangle, then a circle-X symbol just before the
lamps. I think the rectangle is the bullet connector union. Can anybody tell
me what the circle-x is? Maybe this is the failed component.

Thanks,
Hugh Fader