Re: Some input on castings Please

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some input on castings Please
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 22:53:24 -0500
On 30 Nov 2002 at 18:37, Joe Curry wrote:

> I would go with a cross flow head for the later Spitfire
> engines (1300 and 1500) because they are much more plentiful.

Depending on which manifold is moved to the left, a crossflow head
might require a re-routed exhaust system.  I suppose the intake on a
1500 could be moved easily, since it uses a cable for the throttle,
but will everything else fit?  You may have to move the dizzy.
Having a spiffy crossflow head without the rest of that stuff will be
like having a car in 1622 - no petrol stations!
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com