Re: Question About Smog Control in England

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question About Smog Control in England
From: "Dixie" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:07:10 -0000
Bill,

Your co-worker is totally incorrect.

Pre 1976 cars in UK (England is only a part of the UK) have no smog control
what so ever except that the car has a visual test for excessive smoke at
tick over (it has to be pretty bad to fail). This is carried out on an
annual basis at government approved testing stations as part of a
roadworthiness test. I own one of these testing stations so I should know.

There is no restriction on use on the public road. The only restriction that
may be applied, as to annual mileage, is probably imposed by insurance
companies when the owner has taken out 'Classic' insurance.

Regards
Adrian
TR4A CT64306 O