RE: Using E-Z LOC inserts on Trailing arm studs.

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Using E-Z LOC inserts on Trailing arm studs.
From: "Rob Christopher \(robc\)" <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 09:44:20 -0400
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Don,

I drilled my trailing arms without the aid of a drill press.  Just be
very careful in lining up the drill perpendicular to the trailing arm
surface.  One or two studs weren't perfect but the backing plate and hub
went on easily.

You can just as easily do the drilling with the arms on or off the car
IMHO.  I did mine off the car because, well, everything was off the car.
I'm doing a frame off resto so the arms were in my basement.

I used 5/16" corse thread Heli-coils, red Locktited into place.  I
bought studs that had coarse thread on one end and fine thread on the
other.  Having the coarse thread into the aluminum trailing arm is
supposedly stronger than fine thread.

Rob in Ottawa