RE: Lucas numbers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas numbers
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 17:15:00 -0700
> This is a Lucas question for the list. I have been told that the
> correctgenerator for my Jaguar XK 120 is a Lucas 22462B. I have a Lucas
> 22462D. Are they the same generator? What is the significance of
> the letter code?

I don't have my Lucas catalog handy to see if it illustrates any
differences, but in general the letter suffix indicates a manufacturing
change that was not accompanied by a specification change.  IOW, the 22462D
will fit and work perfectly, but may have some slight visual difference to
the original one or possibly a different style of connector.  Chances are
good that it was a factory-approved retrofit, if the factory even assigned
it a different number.

Randall