Re: classic vs. flash

Subject: Re: classic vs. flash
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:07:38 -0400
One of my favorite driving memories was a few months back - I was coming
back from Washington, DC area to NJ after showing the new- restored Herald
to a devoted former owner for the first time. I was cruising up 95North in
Maryland, near the Susquehanna River bridge, when I went blasting by a
Corvette like he was standing still! With the top down, and 3/4 throttle
through the dual sidedraft SU's(with large intake valve head from a single
carb job) I was moving around high 70's... I came up noticed the 70's vette
convertible in the center lane, and proceeded to zip right by him. Guess he
wasn't in a playful mood- he just stayed right where he was, and kept
piddling along. Made me feel good- dusted a vette with a Herald! Like I say
about trophies- any win is a win.

Scott