Tr3 upgrades...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tr3 upgrades...
From: Bill Bryant <bryant@sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:22:11 -0700
Tr3 upgrades...
I would love to hear some first hand experiences from people who have done
either the Herman van den Acker toyota 5speed tranny kit...
or
the Pro-tech rack and pinion kit

these seem to be the premire upgrades offered for the sidecurtain Trs and
when I do the mechanical refurbishment of my tr3b, I want to consider all
the available upgrades at the same time. I put a Datsun 5 speed in my
Spridget and it made it into a totally NEW car. It was also not much more
than a rebuilt original tranny. I know some of these modofications are
distasteful to some....but thats why you have your cars and I have mine.

cheers,
Bill

1962 TR3b daily driver
1973 MG Midget (5sp, 40 dcoe, lots of mods)
1949 Riley RMD  (Volvo 1800E B20F/M41 drivetrain)