RE: Positive Ground Car Stereo

To: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Subject: RE: Positive Ground Car Stereo
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:56:36 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h96KwFF8017711
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>I think a few years ago when this came up . . someone who is an electrical
wiz (Dave Massey maybe?)  told me that the noisy version I had was replaced
by a more modern, version.
<

I'm still trying to figure out what an electrical wiz is.  Maybe it's
someone who knows better than to urinate on the electric fence.

Nope, that wasn't me.  I am not familiar with the current crop of voltage
inverters but the state of switched-mode power conversion has advanced to
the point that 1/2 to on MegaHertz switching frequencies are common.  Even
your dog can't here that.

Dave Massey, Electrical Wiz.

P.S. back about 1971 when I had my 65 MG (positive ground) I mounted my
negative ground radio to a piece of masonite.  It worked well except that
the discontinuity of the antenna shield (you can't just plug it in our you
short it all out) destroyed any semblance of the tuned circuit it was
supposed to be and reception was poor.  I eventually switched to neg ground
and hooked the antenna up direct the the improvement in reception was
substancial.