Exhaust Systems?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Systems?
From: "cborelli" <cborelli@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:58:17 -0400
I need to replace the exhaust system on my 1977 TR7 (usa federal spec) and
would like to get some feedback on the few systems currently available.

My old system is an ANSA single system (#TR1065, TR1077) from the mid 80s.
Love the way it looks, fits, and used to perform. (It's rusting out from the
inside.) Unfortunately, this system is no longer available and I've been
unable to find a NOS ANSA system anywhere. I'd like to stay with a free-flow
(or "Sport") design (slight improvement in performance on a stock engine),
but I don't want to resort to a Pacesetter Monza. I'd really like a
stainless system.

These are the only free-flow options I've been able to find:
1. Stebro (Canada)-- Pricey, and they need my old system to duplicate.
2. London Stainless (Quicksilver) (UK) -- Available, but without the
intermediate pipe. Looks like the stock system.
3. Rimmer Bros (UK) -- Similar to stock appearance. Relatively low price,
but looks it.
4. Pacesetter Monza (US) -- Low end overall quality. Generally considered
rather inferior to ANSA back in the 70s and 80s.

And then there's the "stock" replacement systems:
A. Falcon -- Looks low-end.
B. ???

Has anyone had recent experience with any of the systems listed or does
anyone know of something better than the systems listed (even if your
experience was with a different lbc)?

Thanks,
Chris
77 TR7 since 1980