unusual color combination

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: unusual color combination
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 16:15:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Yesterday I went to look at (and drive) the TR6 I mentioned is for sale.
While I was there talking to the woman, two fellows pulled up in a pretty
used '72 TR6. It was a 100-foot car, at best. Previous owners had no fear
of Bondo. The one fellow had just purchased the car a few months ago and
was proud of it. It was painted dark blue and the remains of the interior
were black. I looked at the build plate and saw that the color was
originally "17" with "33" trim. I just looked it up; Damson with New Tan
trim. Wow, that must have been quite eye-catching when new.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)