RE: Lift the dot and tenax tools

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lift the dot and tenax tools
From: john.j.reed@gm.com
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 11:09:59 -0400 5.0.11GM2 |June 21, 2003) at 10/13/2003 11:10:01 AM
The tool from snapfastener looks like the tool I bought at a shop on the
west side of Cincinnati about 10 years ago, but the price seemed a bit
high.  These people offer a tool at lower price but there's no picture:

http://www.canvastrainingworkshop.com/Tools.htm

As for a tool for tenax fasteners, I made a tool to screw on the base of
the fastener from a 4" long piece of a 1" diameter dowel rod.  I nailed two
brads in the end, spaced to mate with holes in the base.  Engage the brads
in the holes and use the dowel for a handle to turn the base of the
fastener until tight.  I think you can buy a tool for this also, but this
one is easy to make.

John Reed
Ann Arbor, MI