RE: NJ Residents...HELP Motorcycle Trailer on the GSP?

To: "Lenny Seidman" <lseidman@erols.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NJ Residents...HELP Motorcycle Trailer on the GSP?
From: "Triumph" <triumph@yankeespitfire.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:55:01 -0400 with any abuse report
Hey Lenny,
Years ago, when I moved to Delaware from Rhode Island I towed Ol' Yeller on
a wheels-up. NJ normally allows trailers but I hit it on a high wind day-
they don't allow the trailers then so its a day-by-day thing (I had to take
secondaries from NY to PA- ugh!). I've seen the overhead signs with "high
winds-trailer ban" messages a few times on the NJ turnpike since then.

btw- here's what the nj turnpike authority regulations sez:
"During winds or during the prevalence of other adverse weather conditions,
house trailers, horse trailers, boat trailers, utility trailers, motorcycles
and all passenger vehicle-drawn trailers;"
http://www.state.nj.us/turnpike/tpreg.pdf

Good luck!

"Any drive you don't return from on a tow truck was a good one..."
Jon
'77 (mostly) 1500 "Ol' Yeller"
FM66043 7U
Nass #104 VTR #14429