Dogs in TRs

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dogs in TRs
From: "Peter Logan" <logan@pt.lu>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:20:53 +0200
As you know I'm looking for a TR for my wife, but it's several years since
I've seen one in the flesh and my memory of the cockpit layout is fuzzy.  I
know the TR6 has a parcel shelf behind the seats, but can't remember the size
very well.

The reason I ask is we have two dogs and SWMBO insists that her car must be
able to take them in addition to a passenger.  They are Finnish Laphounds - 20
kilo (45 pound) dogs, about the size of a smallish collie, half the size of a
retriever.  They will fit onto a 16-18 inch square each.

I know the TR3 will take two boxers and two small children.  A lady in UK used
to carry the boxers in the passenger seat and footwell, and the children in
the trunk with the lid open (I know - I was that 10 year old), but this seems
to be generally frowned in these less robust days - no sense of humor :-)

If the general view is that TRs won't do this, I may have to start thinking
about a Sxxg (but don't really want to - lovely car, but a different thing).

I'ld be very grateful for any advice.

Pete Logan